Welcome to R.J. Baskett Middle School
Dear RJ Baskett Parents and Students,
I am very proud to be a part of a learning environment that provides its students with the most current resources and instructional strategies to help develop independent learners. Our dedicated staff has shown a deep, caring commitment to the students attending our school.
The school year is upon us, and we want all of our Tribe stakeholders Engaged for Excellence!
We want all members of our RJ Baskett family to be full participants in the educational experience of our students; it will take all of us working together to ensure our students are ready for college and ready for careers! We are looking forward and upward!
I would like to share some effective practices that every parent or caregiver can do to help increase their child’s academic achievement. It only requires a few minutes of your daily time, and it is very simple to do. Each evening, I encourage you to ask your child questions about school that cannot be answered with a simple “yes” or “no”. Questions like the following will encourage your student to talk about their daily experiences in school:
What did you do in math today? Can you show me one of the problems you solved? What interesting new fact did you learn in science?
This simple activity is powerful and is a step towards you and your student being engaged for excellence!
- Ensure your child attends school every day and is prepared to learn.
- Check your student’s agenda daily.
- Check your child’s grades regularly in PowerSchool.
- Schedule conferences with your child’s teachers to learn about academic needs.
- Contact our RJB support staff to assist you with your child’s study skills and academic progress.
- Discuss progress and improvement with your child each time you receive a report from school.
Educational success for our students cannot be complete without an effective partnership with our students. Parents are the most essential part of a child’s education and it’s important that we build a strong relationship to best meet your child’s educational needs.
Jamie Eckstein, Principal